- Major manufacturing plants. Manufacturers of high volume items empty a lot of the same sized boxes, so implementing a reuse program can pay off quickly.
- When boxes are big. Large boxes such as gaylords are more valuable than small ones.
- When boxes are made in the USA. Foreign boxes, Marty says, often hold less value due to lesser quality.
- When a business generates a high volume of the same size. Too much variety, on the other hand, makes it harder it is to implement a box reuse program due to the amount of time, effort and space required to sort, segregate and store boxes.
- When located in a metropolitan area. Manufacturers located in or near major metropolitan cities are good candidates because the likelihood of finding a buyer in the area is high.
Interested in pursuing this opportunity?
• Contact a used cardboard box broker such as www.usedcardboardboxes.com, Rebox Corp., or Sadlers (UK). • Alternately, post your available box accumulation at a used container buy/sell website such as www.boxcycle.com or www.containerexchanger.com.